Phase 3 of The Long Term Care Survey manual includes all the updates from CMS' three-phase implementation.
CMS has issued QSO-22-NH, which includes new and updated surveyor guidance for the following areas:
- Phase 2 and 3 Requirements: Clarifications and technical corrections of Phase 2 guidance issued in 2017; and new guidance for Phase 3 requirements, which became effective November 28, 2019.
- Arbitration Requirements: Guidance on the new requirements, which became effective September 16, 2019.
- Complaint and Facility Reported Incidents (FRIs): CMS revised the guidance in Chapter 5 and related exhibits of the State Operations Manual (SOM) to strengthen the oversight of nursing home complaints and FRIs. CMS also revised its guidance for all Medicare-certified provider/supplier types to improve consistency across the State agencies in their communication to complainants.
- Psychosocial Outcome Severity Guide: CMS revised guidance to clarify the reasonable person concept and examples across the different severity levels.
Please Note: Surveyors will begin using this guidance to identify non-compliance on October 24, 2022.
- 5 Definitions
- 10 Resident Rights
- 12 Freedom from Abuse, Neglect and Exploitation
- 15 Admission Transfer and Discharge Rights
- 20 Resident Assessment
- 21 Comprehensive Person-Centered Care Planning
- 24 Quality of Life
- 25 Quality of Care
- 30 Physician Services
- 35 Nursing Services
- 40 Behavioral health services
- 45 Pharmacy Services
- 50 Laboratory Radiology and Other Diagnostic Services
- 55 Dental Services
- 60 Food and Nutrition Services
- 65 Specialized Rehabilitative Services
- 70 Administration
- 75 Quality Assurance and Performance Improvement
- 80 Infection Control
- 85 Compliance and Ethics Program
- 90 Physical Environment
- 95 Training Requirements